Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mulchers Day!

It's Mother's Day here in the land of the free. And since the only person to whom I am the Mama was at an impromptu sleepover last night, and the spouse was getting deeper and deeper into the details of his brand new studio board, I decided to take advantage of that extra house I have, and spend Mother's Day Eve in relaxing and complete solitude and calm and quiet. At least, from midnight on. The quiet was helped along by the power failure in the middle of the night, after a thunderstorm that ended, thankfully, early enough so that today is an officially top ten loveliest days in Greenbelt day.

And the power failure meant no functioning alarm clocks, hence sleeping til ten. And coffee at 11. Followed by the good news from my neighbor a bit afterward, that the humongous pile of mulch right over there is free for the taking. So today the boys will spend the afternoon mulching my tree, and washing my car, while I go to the plant store with my friend. Hey, it's not your typical champagne brunch served in bed by the adoring clan, but it works for me!

No comments: